You’re not limited to using the Panopto Recorder to create sessions in Replay.
This may be material such as a video export of a presentation from PowerPoint, or material recorded from a camera. You can even upload MP3 files with just audio.
This assumes you already have somewhere set up to upload your materials.
- If you’re uploading materials for a taught module, or something else that already has a presence on Blackboard, you need to provision the Blackboard course
- For other materials, contact the TEL Team to discuss requirements.
- Navigate to the Aston Replay Recordings page in your module.
- Click Create, then Upload media
- If you weren’t already viewing a folder, you will be prompted to choose where you want to upload to.
- Drag your video file(s) from into the box, or click within the box to browse your computer and select the files to upload. The upload(s) will begin.
- The session(s) have names based on the filenames you upload. You can amend them by clicking and editing the name.
- When uploading is complete, you will see the message ‘Upload complete. You can close this window now’ at the top of the list of uploads.
- When the sessions are ready to view, Panopto will send you an email.
If you are uploading a video of a presentation, you may want to run it through Smart Chapters – this will create a table of contents of the session for your viewers.