Provision a Blackboard Course
Before you record anything for your module, you’ll need to provision the Blackboard course with Aston Replay.
This gives you somewhere to record to, and makes sure that only the students on the module can see what you record.
- Go to the Blackboard course you want to record sessions for. All schools now have a link to Aston Replay in the course menu – so click it and skip to step #8. If you need to add it to the course, read on.
- Click the plus button  to add a new menu item and choose Tool Link 
- Set the name to Aston Replay
- Choose Panopto Course Tool Application from the Type dropdown
- Make it available to users Note this refers to the link in the course menu, not the availability of any sessions you record into the Panopto folder.
- Click Submit
- In the course menu, click the Aston Replay link
- Some courses are erroneously reporting a ‘failed to reset’ error on this screen. You can safely ignore this
- Click Configure
- Click Add Course to Panopto
This will create a folder on Aston Replay for this Blackboard course – any instructor or TA will be able to record sessions the folder, and students enrolled on this course will be able to view those sessions.
Clicking OK on this screen takes you to the Select Panopto Folders screen which lets you manage which of your Panopto folders will be available to students in this course. If you have Panopto content you wish to reuse in this course, you can follow the steps.
If you don’t need to make any more changes, click Submit
Students downloading sessions
There are two ways students can download your sessions.
If you don’t want your students to be able to download your sessions, you will need to switch off the podcast feed for the folder you have just provisioned
However, if you want to give your students the ability to download the session when they’re viewing it, you can switch that feature on by following these steps.
- Published: 4 years ago
- Updated: 1 year ago