If you want to delete a session because you recorded something by mistake, or it is unneeded, follow these steps.
If you want to remove a section from a recording, don’t delete the entire thing – edit the session instead.
From the server
Deleting a session from the server removes it permanently.
- Log into Aston Replay (How?)
- Locate the session you want to delete, and click the Delete link.
- You will then be asked to confirm deletion. Click OK and the session will be deleted from the server.
Panopto keeps backups of sessions on the computer that recorded them.
While there is no chance the recording would automatically re-upload without someone intervening, you may feel that you want to delete this copy as well.
Delete the local copy
- Go to the computer that made the recording, and log in.
- Open the Panopto recorder via the icon on the desktop, and login
- Click the Recording Status tab at the top.
- Locate your recording in the list, under the Uploaded Recordings section. As this list contains all of the recordings made on this computer, not just yours, make sure you’re selecting the correct recording.
- Click Delete Local next to the session you want to delete.
The local copy is deleted when its entry is no longer in the list.