Aston Replay lets staff record teaching sessions, or flip the classroom to record content to distribute to students in advance. Students can then search and replay sections to enhance understanding and review for revision purposes.
The benefits of Replay are highlighted in this short video by HEA National Teaching Fellow Dr Peter Reddy. They include;
- Access to recordings of sessions on computers, tablets, and mobile phones
- Search for words that appear on screen
- Add notes and share with other students *
- Subscribe to podcasts *
* subject to tutor approval
- Non-intrusive recording of lectures
- Links to your Blackboard course to minimise administration
- Minute-by-minute viewing statistics highlight areas of student interest
- Reduce post-lecture student requests for clarification
How do I use it?
The simplest way is to look in the Blackboard course for your module. If you see a link named Aston Replay or Recorded Lectures you’ll find your sessions there.
Get more out of Aston Replay by logging into replay.aston.ac.uk where you’ll be able to search for text across all of your sessions, and bookmark points in a session to refer back to.
Before you do anything, you’ll need to provision your Blackboard course. This sets you up with somewhere to record to.
If you want to record something that isn’t a teaching session in a module, eg an event, then email firstname.lastname@example.org@aston.ac.uk and we’ll create somewhere for you.
Where can I get help?
Your first point of contact should be your lecturer.
If you’re having technical problems with Replay, email email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for one to one help and to discuss any training requirements.
What is Panopto?
Aston Replay is the name of our lecture capture service; The software behind this is called Panopto. At Aston, Panopto and Aston Replay can be considered as the same thing.